Live From The Opportunity International Board of Governors Conference Fall 2009
It’s about encouragement. It’s about inspiration. It’s about coming together on behalf of those living in chronic poverty.
The Opportunity International Board of Governors Conference brings Opportunity supporters from all over the country to one location for one common purpose: to serve the poor. They hear stories from the field, learn about new trends in microfinance, and discover how to share their own stories in such a way that they honor Opportunity’s incredible clients worldwide.
This year’s conference, held in Oak Brook, IL, brings together over 200 like-minded individuals. The common denominator? They are all committed to making a difference in the world.
Check back here this whole weekend for updates on the plenary sessions, the break-out seminars, and the fellowship that happens when people come together to champion Opportunity International. Notable speakers include:
- William Ball, Vice-President of Caterpillar Foundation
- Ward Brehm, author of White Man Walking and Life Through a Different Lens
- Dale Hanson Bourke, President of CIDRZ Foundation
- Henrietta Isaac, Marketing and Business Development Manager at Opportunity India
- Adrian Merryman, CEO of the Opportunity International Global Leadership Team
- Golda Osekre-Mensah, Opportunity Ghana Loan Officer Supervisor and former client of Opportunity International
- Roger Thurow, author of Enough: Why the World’s Poorest Starve in an Age of Plenty
- Kadita “A.T.” Tshibaka, Opportunity International President and CEO
- …and many more…
We will be bringing you our thoughts and reflections (live!) on these inspiring speakers. We invite you to learn along with us as we join in one voice to tell the story of poverty–and the hope that Opportunity brings to the millions of clients that it serves.
For more information on the Board of Governors, or to learn how you can join this inspiring group, click here.