Join us and take actionWhat Is Giving Tuesday?
Opportunity International has big plans for 2018 Giving Tuesday. Find out what Giving Tuesday is all about and how you can be a part of a global celebration.
What is Giving Tuesday? Or, even better, what is #GivingTuesday?
Giving Tuesday (known on social media as #GivingTuesday) is an international day of giving back. We practice gratitude on Thanksgiving, find great deals at the mall on Black Friday and score big discounts online on Cyber Monday. And now, we have a day dedicated to celebrating generosity.
As the #GivingTuesday movement says, "It’s a simple idea. Just find a way for your family, your community, your company or your organization to come together to give something more. Then tell everyone you can about how you are giving. Join us and be a part of a global celebration of a new tradition of generosity."
When is #GivingTuesday?
This year, #GivingTuesday is on Tuesday, November 27. Mark your calendars!
Who should get involved with #GivingTuesday?
Your mom, your dad, your sister, your brother. Grandma, Grandpa. Your kids. Your neighbors. Your mailman, your teacher, your barista. You get the idea.
But we'll start with something easy. The first person who should get involved with #GivingTuesday is YOU!
What can I do?
Here's the plan:
Starting 50 fundraisers.
To break the cycle of poverty for 50 families.
Will you be one of these incredible people committed to rallying your friends and family this #GivingTuesday? It's super easy, and we'll be there to help every step of the way. And as an added bonus, we have special gifts for the first 50 people who start fundraisers to benefit Opportunity International!
Ok, I'm in. How do I start a fundraiser?
Yay! We are so excited.
Here's what to do:
- Go to opportunity.org/50for50 (yes, this will take you to our Facebook fundraising page!)
- Click on the big blue button that says "+ Raise Money"
- Fill out the info as prompted. Every $500 you raise will break the cycle of poverty for one family, so we encourage you to raise $500—or more!
- Share the fundraiser on your page and encourage your friends and family to give.
- Be a total rockstar and receive our endless praise and gratitude (and a special gift—we'll get in touch about this!)
Let us know if you have any questions by messaging [email protected]! We are here to help—and already so grateful for you.
Here's to the best #GivingTuesday EVER!