Join a Community Board of Governors
Supporters who contribute $5,000 or more annually earn a membership to the Governors community and serve as advocates to their own personal or professional networks.
Governors receive special benefits such as invitations to events and regular updates, along with information to inspire and educate their networks about our work.
This community, which includes over 700 generous and committed families from all over the U.S., promotes support for Opportunity’s fight against poverty among their friends and colleagues.
Governors have helped transform over seven million lives since the group’s formation in 1987.
When you become a Governor, you will make an impact on generations to come.
For more information, please email Erin Kabwe, Senior Director of Volunteer Engagement and Annual Giving, or call her at 312-487-5019.
- A more significant level of engagement with Opportunity clients in the field, with closer view of our transformation work
- A higher level of connection with Opportunity leadership and staff
- Enjoy being in community with like-minded individuals who share the same commitment and passion to end global poverty
- Exclusive "insider" sneak peeks into certain programs with opportunities to engage in unique ways
- Opportunity to provide volunteer leadership to help guide and shape certain programs such as: hosting donor events or Insight Trips, or leveraging professional skills where they apply to Opportunity's work
- Board of Governors
- Young Ambassadors
- Whittaker Legacy Society
- Campus Ambassadors
- Careers & Internships
- Churches & Faith Organizations
- Travel on an Insight Trip
- Opportunity Book Club