Unique Offerings Local Staffing
Opportunity International’s global team has grown to more than 23,000 employees, 99 percent of whom are nationals. Our frontline staff comprises deposit mobilization officers, customer service officers, tellers and branch managers. Our team of 10,000 loan officers provides financial literacy training, supports clients in selecting financial services and monitors loan repayments.
Our loan officers are at the heart of our work. Many of them become mentors, acting as catalysts for a lifetime of stability for clients and their families. In spite of their immense potential, the most talented professionals in the developing world lack access to the tools they need to grow professionally. By providing exceptional training, Opportunity International is equipping local, talented staff to become leaders in building the economies of their own communities. Here are a few examples of our training initiatives and staff resources:
- Pathways for Leadership Development is a curriculum comprising senior management training, Leaders Leading Leaders, Train the Trainer and the onboarding workshop Hire Right, Train Right, Treat Right, among other modules.
- Opportunity Learning Center (OLC) is an electronic learning platform that empowers individuals to control their personal and professional development through a self-managed learning option. Through the OLC, Opportunity International staff worldwide can enroll in more than 500 online courses and have access to more than 5,000 courses in total.
- Paths to Success are specially crafted training plans that help individuals with performance development and career planning. The training is role-specific and identifies what is expected of an individual on the job, how to accomplish the expectations and the best learning activities to develop and enhance their skills.
- New Managers Milestone (NMM) provides managers with a solid foundation for leading their business units ethically, spiritually and efficiently according to our core values: Commitment, Humility, Respect, Integrity, Stewardship and Transformation.
- ING Corporate Volunteers aid in the delivery of financial services. They have engaged in training programs and pro bono services for Opportunity International bank employees. From marketing strategy courses for senior officers to market research projects, these efforts help Opportunity International better serve entrepreneurs in the developing world.
These and other programs equip our local staff with the vital knowledge and skills required to guide clients through their journey out of poverty, while helping to establish or advance their microfinance careers.