Opportunity International offers two kinds of Trust Groups; a Client Trust Group and a Donor Trust Group (DTG). Client Trust Groups are formed in developing economies to provide financial services, training, and support, for families living in extreme poverty. Donor Trust Groups are formed in America to provide a hand up to the communities living in extreme poverty.
I am so grateful to have been given the opportunity to start a DTG within my local community. Being a part of this experience was one of the best things our family did this year!"Johanna Mahal, supporter and DTG Champion
More About Donor Trust Groups
Each Donor Trust Group will choose from a project within one of Opportunity’s core areas of focus to help families break the cycle of poverty. Many projects span more than one sector:
As a Donor Trust Group, you can:
- Pool your charitable giving to make an exponential difference around the world
- Learn from Opportunity field experts about sustainable global economic development
- Engage your children and family members as advocates for important causes
- Strengthen friendships within your network
- Travel together to see your group’s impact at work
- Determine your own schedule for getting together to stay connected and hear updates from Opportunity
1. Get started by connecting with your local Opportunity Representative or Lana Reda, Senior Advisor to the CEO, at [email protected].
2. Invite friends, colleagues, and neighbors to join an information meeting about your DTG.
3. Host your DTG’s kick-off meeting to meet your group members, learn more about the mission and vision of the group, and discuss an area of interest for impact and future travel.
4. Plan events, dinners, and meet ups to customize your Trust Group’s experience and strengthen your new community.
Together we can help transform the lives of families and children living in extreme poverty!