This Agreement may be modified by Opportunity from time to time and such modifications will become part of this Agreement and will be effective once posted by Opportunity on the Website. You should review the Website and this Agreement from time to time for any modifications. Your use of the Website and participation in the Program will be subject to any modifications of this Agreement by Opportunity.
For purposes of this Agreement, "Opportunity" means Opportunity International, its officers, directors, agents, employees, partners, and all of their affiliates.
- You must be a registered user of Opportunity.org to purchase a gift card.
- Gift card can only be redeemed on us.opportunity.org regarding charitable donations for Opportunity International clients profiled on the Web site.
- Gift card cannot be redeemed for cash and they cannot be refunded for cash.
- Gift card balances cannot be transferred.
- Gift card transactions can only occur for the amount of the gift card balance.
- If gift cards are not used within a 12-month period, the balance amount will be retained by Opportunity International. Unused gift card funds will help support Opportunity's microfinance programs.
Although Opportunity International assumes no obligation to monitor the conduct of any User off the Website, it is a violation of this Agreement to use any information obtained from the Website in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person, or in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any User, Field Partner, Borrower or other Person without their prior explicit consent. In order to protect such persons from such advertising or solicitation, Opportunity International reserves the right to restrict the addition of groups and/or number of messages posted that a User may send through the Website in any 24-hour or other period to a number that Opportunity International deems appropriate, at Opportunity International’s sole and absolute discretion.
This website is owned and operated by Opportunity International. We reserve the right to change our policy at any time. We recognize that visitors to our site may be concerned about the information they provide to us, and how we treat that information. At Opportunity International, we value your support and we are committed to protecting your privacy. The purpose of this policy is to share with you how we collect and use the information you provide us concerning your privacy.
Opportunity International respects the privacy of its online visitors. At our site, we do not collect personally identifiable information from individuals unless they provide it to us voluntarily and knowingly.
Opportunity International assures you that the identity of all who contact us through this website is kept confidential: we do not rent, sell, or exchange our mailing lists and we will always strive to be responsible in our management, truthful in our advertising, and cost-effective in our fund raising.
- We do not share your personal information with any third party including telemarketing centers. We do not use telephone marketing to solicit funds. Your phone number is used only to contact you if we need to verify order information and occasionally to thank you for your contribution.
- We may disclose to third parties aggregate statistics regarding donations but these statistics do not include any personally identifying information. The information given includes: total number of donors, total amount of donations for specific periods of time, and referring websites. Aggregate information of this kind is used to encourage fundraising partnerships.
- We use a third-party financial institution (“Processing Center”) to process our credit card transactions. The Processing Center receives the credit card number and other personal information of our donors only to verify credit card numbers and to process credit card transactions in a secure environment. The Processing Center’s state-of-the-art encryption technology offers the highest level of security available on the Internet today to insure the confidentiality of your transactions.
When you visit our site, we collect some non-identifying basic information. This includes total number of visitors, pages viewed, and other non-identifying information. We use this aggregate information to improve our site and to make your experience on our website as smooth as possible.
Donations and purchases made on-line to us are protected by an encryption method. When you make a donation on-line, we ask for your name, address, daytime phone, e-mail address, and credit card information. We use your information to process your donation(s) and to verify credit card data. We use your mailing address to send your tax-deductible receipt(s) and to keep you informed about what we are doing in different parts of the world through various mailings. Your phone number is used only to contact you if we need to verify order information and occasionally to thank you for your contribution. We do not use your phone number to do telephone solicitations. If you make a donation in honor of some (friend or loved one), we will not use the “honorees” information for any solicitation purposes.
Like most standard website servers, we use log files. This includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browsers, internet service providers (ISPs), referring pages and exit pages, operating platforms, date/time stamp, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track visitor’s movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are only linked to personally identifiable information when online credit card transactions are conducted (i.e. when publications are purchased or donations made). We do not share individual information gathered through log files with third parties.
By uploading photographs to the opportunity.org website, the user is giving unrestricted permission to Opportunity International, Inc. to use the photograph(s) in the production of a video, on its website, and on any or all social networking media of Opportunity's choice. Through the uploading procedure, the user acknowledges and gives the organization the right to crop or treat the electronic version of the photograph at its discretion. Additionally, the organization may choose not to use this photo at this time or any other.
Once this photograph is posted on the internet, it can be downloaded by any computer user who may or may not be associated with the organization. Therefore, uploading it releases and discharges Opportunity International, Inc., its board members, employees, donors, or any of their affiliates acting under permission of authority from any liability in connection with the use of this photograph.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we, Opportunity International, have no control over and are not responsible for the contents or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our visitors to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this website.
We are pleased when young people (under legal age) visit the website of Opportunity International to learn more about the organization and the problem of global poverty. Opportunity International does not knowingly solicit data from under-legal-age persons and does not knowingly market to them. Persons under legal age should obtain parental consent before placing a monetary transaction from our site.
Notification of Changes
Opportunity International maintains a written policy to discontinue contacting any person upon that person’s oral or written request directed to Opportunity, its fundraiser or other agents. If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this website, you can contact us at:
550 West Van Buren
Chicago, IL 60607