About Us Careers & Internships
Every day you can come to work knowing you’re making life better for determined entrepreneurs in the developing world. Opportunity International is looking for talented professionals to help us achieve our mission of empowering people living in poverty to transform their lives, their children’s futures and their communities.
We're currently looking to fill the following open positions:
- Chief Philanthropy Officer
- Director of Philanthropy - N California & Northwest
- VP International Business Development
- Senior Director for Volunteer Engagement and Annual Giving
- Part Time Accountant
Ready to change the world? Opportunity International is looking for extraordinary college students and recent graduates with a passion for making a difference. Interns have the opportunity to get hands-on experience in research or marketing and PR, supporting our efforts to break the cycle of poverty in the developing world. Summer internships require a minimum of 300 hours over 12 weeks, while fall/spring semester internships require at least 16 hours per week. All internships are unpaid.
About Opportunity International
Our vision is a world in which all people have the opportunity to achieve a life free from poverty, with dignity and purpose.
By providing financial solutions and training, we empower people living in poverty to transform their lives, their children’s futures and their communities.
We respond to Jesus Christ’s call to love and serve the poor. We seek to emulate the Good Samaritan, whose compassion crossed ethnic groups and religions. We serve all people regardless of race, faith, ethnicity and gender. Learn more about our faith-based initiatives.
Commitment to our clients and their transformation.
Humility a spirit of serving in all we do.
Respect 360 degrees of consideration and teamwork.
Integrity living our values with transparency and consistency.
Stewardship accountability, innovation, and urgency.
Transformation our ultimate goal in ourselves and others.
We support local microfinance organizations that provide innovative financial solutions to empower people, create jobs and build vibrant communities.
- We create innovative partnerships to provide complementary services to our clients.
- We seek to impact the lives of our clients, staff and supporters.
- Our products, services and training enable clients to develop businesses, to save and to insure against an uncertain future.
- We strengthen and influence value chains to benefit our clients, connect them to viable markets and drive economic progress.