Products & Services Education Finance
Poverty and lack of education go hand in hand. More than 67 million children worldwide are not in school, including one in four in Africa. Research shows that education improves life expectancy, boosts income, reduces child marriages and decreases birth rates. That’s why Opportunity International is determined to put more kids in the classroom around the world.
- No Access to Schools: Schools are often miles away and too difficult for children to get to every day
- Low Quality of Schools: Many schools suffer from overcrowding, inadequate teachers and low-quality educational materials that limit student performance
- High Dropout Rates: Low life expectancy, illness and the need to earn money to support the family force many children to drop out of school
- School Improvement Loans: Financing to empower private school proprietors to improve the quality of education and expand schools in rural areas
- School Fees Loan: Providing families with funds to pay school fees and buy uniforms, books and other supplies
- Edusave Insurance: Protecting a child’s future with free insurance that covers the school fee in the event of the death or disability of a parent or other guardian
Our goal is to keep 2 million children in the classroom through 2018. By investing in education, we’re improving lives and breaking the cycle of poverty for generations to come.
Agriculture Team Spotlight
Q&A with Tim Strong, Regional Agriculture Finance Adviser, Branchless Banking… Read More
Feeding the Future: Ending Global Hunger
Exploring the Sustainable Development Goals Feeding the Future:Ending Global Hunger… Read More
Behind the Scenes with the Agriculture Finance Team
Debbie Scibek, Program Manager, with local farmers. Agriculture Finance for Dummies:… Read More